Code of Ethics & Fiduciary Duty
We value the trust and confidence that client’s place in our team when they choose to work with Horizon Wealth Partners. In return, we are committed to the highest standards of conduct. As part of this commitment, Chris, Patrick, John, and Jennifer have all completed the rigorous education and experience requirements to attain the esteemed professional designation of Certified Financial Planner®(CFP®). As CFP® professionals, we hold a fiduciary role when providing financial advice to a client and therefore must always act in the client’s best interest. Each client’s unique set of values and objectives serve as the foundation for all services and advice that we provide. The following Code of Ethics and Fiduciary Duties are the cornerstone for every client relationship.
CODE OF ETHICS
1. Act with honesty, integrity, competence, and diligence.
2. Act in the client’s best interests.
3. Exercise due care.
4. Avoid or disclose and manage conflicts of interest.
5. Maintain the confidentiality and protect the privacy of client information.
6. Act in a manner that reflects positively on the financial planning profession and CFP® certification.
Duty of Loyalty. A CFP® professional must:
- )Place the interests of the Client above the interests of the CFP® professional and the CFP® Professional’s Firm;
- )Avoid Conflicts of Interest, or fully disclose Material Conflicts of Interest to the Client, obtain the Client’s informed consent, and properly manage the conflict; and
- )Act without regard to the financial or other interests of the CFP® professional, the CFP® Professional’s Firm, or any individual or entity other than the Client, which means that a CFP® professional acting under a Conflict of Interest continues to have a duty to act in the best interests of the Client and place the Client’s interests above the CFP® professional’s.
Duty of Care. A CFP® professional must act with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence that a prudent professional would exercise in light of the Client’s goals, risk tolerance, objectives, and financial and personal circumstances.
Duty to Follow Client Instructions. A CFP® professional must comply with all objectives, policies, restrictions, and other terms of the Engagement and all reasonable and lawful directions of the Client.